Many people tend to have slender physique. However, not all realize that often cause excess weight stands excessive consumption of simple carbohydrates. So more and more gaining popularity of low-carb diet for weight loss.
What is the method for weight loss
It is known that carbohydrates provide the body with energy. If the resulting energy is not consumed, accumulates in the form of layers of fat.
Weight loss with low carb diet is due to the fact that consumption of carbohydrates is reduced, and the amount of protein in the diet increases. This leads to the following procedures. The body ceases to get the energy it needs, it starts to find new sources. In the first 2-3 days, the energy supplier acts as a glycogen, which accumulates in the liver, muscle, and fat layer. Then begin intensely to split the fats, which causes the synthesized additional sources of energy — ketones (these products plus that can reduce appetite).
So the diet is based on biochemical processes that actively burn fats and occurs weight loss, this week, you can lose 3-5 kg of excess weight.
It should be noted that this diet is not just weight loss, and a particular style of food, which you can use in your life. Strict limitations apply only in the initial phase, and then maintaining and improving a result for a basis we may take the rule to not eat carbs more than 3-5 g per 1 kg of body weight. In normal functions in the body are not violated, and the weight is kept guaranteed and not grow.
At the local level, to lose weight in certain areas (abdomen, thighs, buttocks, etc..) will fail. Weight is reduced evenly throughout the body.
It should be noted that all of the carbohydrates in the diet period were not excluded, because without them, we can not guarantee the normal functioning of the body. Diet includes eating is not a simple and a complex (slow) carbohydrates, which are digested slowly, and the body is completely consumed received energy from them.
The opinion of doctors, nutritionists
Since the time direct low-carbohydrate diet (7 days in a month) daily intake of carbohydrates does not exceed 40-60 g, the majority of nutritionists are wary of such types of losing weight. The lack of carbohydrates and excess protein can cause bodily unwanted disturbances and side effects.
Experts recommend more to follow a proper and balanced diet, in which carbohydrate intake is also controlled. Such eating behaviour combined with moderate exercise, to ensure weight loss. This will not be as fast, but without the damage to the health.
Because the low carbohydrate diet, the balance of protein-fat-carbohydrates violated, then there are some restrictions in which you cannot use this method of losing weight:
- pregnancy and breast-feeding;
- the age of 18 years;
- diseases of the liver and kidneys;
- elevated levels of cholesterol in the blood;
- dysfunction of the heart and the circulatory system;
- diseases of the gastrointestinal tract (ulcers, gastritis);
- acute and chronic diseases.
Basic rules for low carb diet
During the reset the body weight, you can eat only allowed foods. In the period of weight loss, it is strictly forbidden to use:
- bread and pastry products;
- white rice;
- vegetables, which contain large amounts of starch;
- fruits with high sugar content (bananas, grapes, dates, etc);
- carbonated beverages;
- alcoholic beverages.
- Products that are permitted must be cooked, boiled or baked.
- Consumption of carbohydrates should not exceed 100 grams per day.
- During weight loss, follow the drinking regime: during the day you should drink 2 litres of pure water .
- Diet includes eating 5 times a day, this use must not be later than 2-3 hours before bedtime.
- On the day you should sleep at least 7 hours.
- During weight loss you need to consume vitamin.
- During the diet recommends moderate exercise. This will improve the final result and allow you to maintain muscle mass.
- The duration of the low-carb diet with a strict limitation of carbohydrates should not exceed 30 days.
- Daily amount of calories for women, which may not be less than 1200 kcal, and for men not less than 1500 kcal.
Table: ratio of protein/fat/carbohydrates in a low carbohydrate diet, for women and men
|The daily amount of|
|Calories||1200 kcal||1500 kcal|
|Protein||120 g||150 g|
|Fat||At 46.7 g||58,3 g|
|Carbohydrates||75 g||A 93.8 g|
Low-carb diet has a variety of products, so in the diet period, it is necessary to starve. The table shows the main products used for weight loss.
Table: allowed foods
|Indicators on 100 g of the product|
|Calories, kcal||Protein, g||Fat, g||Carbs, g|
|Chicken breast||116||For 19.6||4,1||0,3|
|Turkey||194||On average 21.6||12||0|
|Lean pork||172||From 30.46||4.62 a||0|
|Lean fish (hake)||86||16,6||2,2||0|
|Mushrooms (champignons)||27||The 4.3||1||0,1|
|Low-fat cheese (cheddar, Colby)||173||From 24.35||7||Of 1.91|
In the table data show that the main source of protein are meat products, fish and eggs. Cereals, fruit and vegetables, provide the body with essential slow carbohydrate.
Sample menu for a week
A menu can be used for food for the duration of 7 days. It is possible to use as the basis for weight loss. Allowed various versions of the dishes from the allowed foods.
Table: sample menu of low carb diet for 7 days
|Day||Breakfast||2 Breakfast||lunch||Afternoon tea||Dinner|
|1 day||Cheesecake — 150 g of tomatoes or cucumbers — 1 PC., unsweetened tea — 200 ml||Yogurt — 100 ml||Boiled fish — 150 g cabbage salad — 150 g bread — 1 PC.||Grapefruit — 1 PC.||Porridge brown rice with vegetables — 200 g|
|Day 2||Omelet of two eggs, boiled chicken — 150 g||Low fat cottage cheese — 100 g||The mushroom soup with the addition of low fat sour cream, 200 g, bread, unsweetened tea — 200 ml||Yoghurt with chopped cucumbers and herbs — 200 ml||Cooked beef — 150 g salad of cucumbers and tomatoes — 150 g|
|3. day||Steamed vegetables with grated cheese — 150 g||Milk — 100 ml||Vegetable soup in chicken broth — 200 g||Apple — 1 PC.||Cooked chicken breast — 200 g cabbage — 100 g|
|Day 4||Oatmeal with Apple — 150 g||Grapefruit — 1 PC.||Goulash of veal or chicken with vegetables — 200 g||Low fat cottage cheese — 150 g||Buckwheat — 150 g red beet salad — 100 g|
|Day 5||Cheese — 50 g boiled eggs — 2 pieces, unsweetened tea — 200 ml||Apple — 1 PC.||Pea soup, chicken in broth — 150 g salad — 100 g beef steak 50 g||Yogurt — 100 ml||Cooked brown rice — 150 g of mussels — 100 g|
|Day 6||Cheese — 50 g, boiled egg — 1 PC., unsweetened tea — 200 ml||Natural yoghurt — 100 ml||Fried meat 150 g, salad vegetables — 150 g||Kiwi — 1 PC.||Steamed vegetables — 200 g|
|Day 7||Dairy buckwheat — 150 g||Low fat cottage cheese — 100 g||Fish with vegetables, roasted — 200 g||Yogurt — 100 ml||Baked chicken breast — 150 g|
With a long-term low-carb diet (e.g., 30 days) every 5-6 days the amount of complex carbohydrates may be raised to a normal level. This will help prevent slowing of the metabolism, that is characteristic of all types of diets.
What you can do during weight loss: the delicious recipes
Chicken in a slow cooker
- fillet — 250 g;
- water — 150 g;
- salt, pepper — to taste;
- Bay leaf — 1 PC.
Chicken should be washed, season with salt and pepper and place on the bottom of the bowl multivarki. Pour water and add Bay leaf. Set the mode "Stewing" on for 1.5 hours.
100 g of this food contains:
- calories — 103 calories;
- protein — 12.5 g;
- fat 5 g;
- carbohydrates — 0 g
Meat with cheese in the oven
- veal — 400 g;
- cheese — 100 g;
- milk — 100 ml;
- vegetable oil — 1 tbsp;
- salt, pepper, spices — to taste.
Veal should be washed in cold water, cut into pieces and repel. Protiven oil, put the meat and pour over with milk. The prepared dish must be placed in a preheated 180 °C oven and leave to stand for 1 hour. After that, the meat should be salt, pepper, add spices. Cheese cut into thin slices and put on top, put back in the oven and bake for a further 30 min.
In 100 g of the finished dish contains:
- calories 129;
- protein 15.5 g;
- fat — 6.4 g;
- carbohydrate — 0.7 g
Soup with oat bran
- Turkey — 150 g;
- water — 1 l;
- onion — 1 PC.;
- egg — 1 PC.;
- oat bran 1.5 tbsp;
- dill chopped — 1 tbsp;
- green onions — 2 the arrows;
- salt, pepper — to taste.
Turkey cut into chunks and boil for 20 min. Add soup, dill, green onions and a raw egg and cook for 5 minutes, Then add in the bran.
In 100 g soup diet includes:
- calories — 38 calories;
- protein 4.3 g;
- fat 2 g;
- carbohydrates — 0,1 g.
Salad with Peking cabbage and fruit
- the average cabbage – ½ PC.;
- Apple — 1 PC.;
- oranges or grapefruit — 1 PC.;
- green onions — 2 the arrows;
- lemon juice — 1 tbsp;
- salt — according to taste.
Orange or grapefruit peel (grapefruit, cut the meat from the piers, because they are very bitter with the taste). All the fruit into cubes and combine them with the shredded cabbage. In a salad add chopped green onion, salt and lemon juice. Mix everything carefully.
100 grams of lettuce contains:
- calories — 33 calories;
- protein 2.7 g;
- fat 0 g;
- carbohydrates 6.6 g
From the diet
That weight did not return after a week or month marathon of low-carb diet, you must follow certain rules:
- the number of calories consumed must be increased gradually to the daily value, adding each week for 50 kcal;
- it is not necessary to exceed the recommended consumption of carbohydrates per day (3-5 g per 1 kg of body weight);
- it is recommended once a week to do a day with a small amount of carbs and use the menus from the proposed diet;
- we must not forget about drinking regime — 2 litres per day of clean water;
- products better boil, cook in the oven for a couple;
- do not eat later than 2-3 hours before bedtime;
- it is recommended to do physical exercise.
>The pitfalls of low-carb diets
The lack of carbohydrates and increased protein intake may cause some unwanted effects.
- Dysfunction of the liver and kidneys. These bodies, which are excreted toxins, including those that are formed during protein breakdown. Therefore, the more protein foods are consumed, the more is synthesized toxic substances, and the load on the liver and kidneys, increases several times, which can lead to inflammatory processes.
- The risk for the development of atherosclerosis, diseases of the heart and the circulatory system and other cardiovascular diseases. This contributes to increased levels of "bad" cholesterol in the blood when protein in the food.
- The occurrence of constipation and, consequently, hemorrhoids.
- Headaches, low mental activity, irritability and nervousness. These symptoms develop on a background of carbohydrate starvation.
- Deterioration of the skin. Dry skin occurs due to insufficient amount of fat.