Absolutely easy, fast and tasty weight loss if you discover the watermelon diet. Watermelon is rich in vitamins and it seems to only benefit the body. But whether that is indeed the case is still worth figuring out. Such a diet has its advantages and pitfalls, and in order not to run into them, you have to approach the issue responsibly, you don’t have to save yourself from more serious health problems instead of extra pounds.
Basics of the Watermelon Diet
On the one hand, the principle of the watermelon diet is simple - to exclude everything except watermelon from the diet and lose weight. If you eat from this berry, you can really achieve the result.
But how positive it will be depends on several factors:
- The diet is continued during the watermelon season - August-September. If you take it at other times, you can "feed" yourself with nitrates and get to the hospital.
- When choosing a berry, give preference to small to medium-sized fruits without dents and cracks.
- If you choose a mono diet, it will last up to 3-5 days. Watermelon is nutritious and contains vitamins, but is not enough to completely supplement the entire diet.
- The long watermelon diet should be supplemented with other foods: unsweetened fruits, vegetables, cereals, lean meats, fish, low-fat dairy products.
- Exit your diet gradually, adding other foods daily, according to the principle: from lighter to harder. It is important to monitor your calorie intake and the amount of food you eat. A sharp strain on the body results in no effort, and the body is happy to make additional reserves for the future. This immediately affects the quick return of lost pounds.
- Rinse the watermelon thoroughly before cutting to help prevent intestinal infections.
By following the rules, you can lose 3 kg or more on a watermelon diet in a few days. But it should be understood that initially this will not be a reduction in body fat. In the first days of the diet, stagnant excess water in the cells leaves the body, along with toxic substances. Such stagnation often causes a slowdown in metabolism and weight gain.
Watermelon Diet Features
The weight-loss watermelon diet is one of the relatively mild diets. The sweetness of the berry and the high water content in it allow you not to feel hungry, even if there is only watermelon on the menu every three days.
But its main feature is the ability to not only lose unnecessary pounds in a short period of time. During the diet, excess fluid, toxins and toxins are eliminated from the body, the concentration of harmful cholesterol is reduced. Metabolic processes restart, the digestive system and kidneys work better.
Listen!If you feel unwell during your diet, your chronic illness gets worse, you better give up your diet and see your doctor.
For effective weight loss, you need to consider some features of the watermelon diet:
- First, exclude salty and sweet foods and snacks, do not eat fatty foods and stop drinking alcohol.
- Prepare a menu for a long watermelon diet to avoid eating cheeses, fermented dairy products, and berry-containing eggs at the same time. This combination can cause fermentation in the gastrointestinal tract, which can have all the consequences: bloating, bloating (gas formation), and stool upset.
- It is better to prepare for the diet in advance: 3-4 days before you start, put the watermelon on the menu, gradually increasing the dose, remove other products that start with heavier ones from the diet.
- The watermelon diet lasts up to 10-14 days. This time, following all the rules, is enough to lose up to 6 kg. If a repeat course is required, it is recommended that it be completed at the earliest one month later.
The Benefits of a Watermelon Diet
The main advantage of the watermelon diet lies in the properties of the watermelon itself, or rather in its composition:
- Water - stimulates metabolic processes, improves bile outflow, normalizes the work of the excretory system, thus eliminating swelling.
- Fructose - gives energy and sounds, helps relieve fatigue.
- Vitamins and Minerals - Watermelon contains vitamins A, C, E, PP, B, minerals, iron, potassium, magnesium and phosphorus. Such a composition makes it possible to normalize sleep, combat chronic fatigue, stabilize blood pressure, relieve muscle cramps and numbness.
- Pectins - cleanse blood vessels, lower cholesterol, normalize the work of the cardiovascular system.
- Antioxidants (lycopene, beta-carotene, zeaxanthin, lutein, beta-cryptoxanthin) - increase immunity, reduce the risk of developing cancer cells, have a positive effect on the hormonal system and improve heart function.
Such a complex of nutrients not only helps in the fight against overweight, but also improves health.
Also important is the fact that watermelons are low in calories - only30-40 Kcalper 100 g of cellulose.
Contraindications to the watermelon diet
Despite the rich and healthy composition of the berry, the watermelon diet has many contraindications.
It is better to refuse if:
- kidney disease: they may not be able to handle many fluids;
- presence of sand and stones in the gallbladder and kidneys;
- diabetes mellitus;
- cardiovascular diseases;
- diseases of the digestive system;
- for allergies.
Even if you are completely confident in your health, it is important that you pay attention to your feelings while dieting. If you feel unwell, there is pain according to the strict order, it is better to refuse immediately and seek advice from your doctor.
Disadvantages of the watermelon diet
Before you start the watermelon diet to lose weight, consider its disadvantages. In some cases, they may outweigh the benefits of the berry's beneficial properties.
Among the minor disadvantages, the following are:
- Seasonality.Healthy and affordable watermelons are only sold in late summer and fall. The
- diet is best done while on vacation.The diuretic effect causes significant discomfort during work. More serious deficiencies can have more serious consequences than problems with extra pounds.
- Watermelon has a high glycemic index (GI). Such foods lead to an increase in blood sugar levels and the deposition of calories in fat stores.
- Watermelon is low in calories but easy to deceive.If you expect 1 kg of watermelon to go to 10 kg of body weight, you can even exceed your daily caloric intake. For example, at a weight of 70 kg, the norm for consuming berries on a mono-diet will be 7 kg. It turned out: 7 x 10 x 35 = 2450 Kcal. However, the norm for a sedentary lifestyle is 2100 kcal per day for a 30-year-old woman who is 170 in height and weighs 70 kg. Because of this, there is a danger that you will gain even more weight.
- Restart.There is a risk of being overloaded with nitrates and being taken to a hospital with an infectious poisoning.
- Diseases.A rigid mono-diet can make you feel unwell and tired due to a lack of trace elements in the watermelon.
- Stomach problems.A sharp shift from a normal diet to a large amount of watermelon can cause problems in the gastrointestinal tract in the form of nervousness, constipation, bloating and worsening of disease.
Watermelon Diet Options
You can come up with a variety of watermelon diets to somehow diversify them, but only three options are common.
Monodiet on the watermelon
The watermelon mono-diet is a product-based diet, meaning in this case only one watermelon is on the menu for breakfast, lunch and dinner for a certain period of time. Additional water and green tea without sugar are allowed.
Despite the health benefits of watermelon, the mono-diet on it is considered a rigid diet that limits the intake of all the nutrients a person needs. It is used to unload food for up to one to three days. It is sometimes extended for up to five days. It is not recommended to endure for a long time, as the lack of essential trace elements can seriously impair health.
The benefit of diet is that it cleanses the body and removes excess stagnant fluid in the body, removing swellings.
Minus: 2-3 kg will pass, but this will not be the consumption of body fat. Weight loss is due to the same excess water that is excreted from the body, everything returns after a few days.
The Mono diet is best used on an empty stomach before switching to the main long-term diet or proper nutrition. It does no harm in a day and the body helps in restarting.
There is no single watermelon
In this version, 2 slices of rye bread are added to the main course - watermelon for each snack. The diet is not very different from the previous one. The only thing that sets it apart is that the feeling of fullness given by the bread helps to stretch for a week. This is where the pros end: during detoxification of such a watermelon, the body still lacks vitamins.
In principle, with such a diet, you can lose up to 7 kg per week, but there is a "DE". If you calculate the number of calories in a watermelon per day of dieting and the total calories in the same bread, this amount is significantly higher than the recommended calorie intake for weight loss.
Easy diet for 7-10 days
Light diet for 7-10 days with a balanced menu. In addition to watermelons, the diet includes vegetables, unsweetened fruits, small amounts of cereals and protein products. But it is important that the calories from each catch are strictly calculated so that the portion size does not exceed the recommended size and there are no additives. The diet is designed for 10 days and is easy to maintain.
The best solution for natural weight loss: the body gets everything it needs, the diet is easily tolerated.
You can lose up to 6 kg on such a diet.
The benefit of the diet will be the ability to exercise physically, which promotes fat burning and gradually develops the right eating habits.
Weekly Watermelon Diet Menu
The watermelon diet menu this week could be something like this.
- Breakfast:oatmeal in milk with a glass of freshly squeezed orange juice.
- Lunch:salad - watermelon + feta + basil, flavored with olive oil.
- Breakfast:rice, tomatoes and a glass of juice.
- Lunch:salad - watermelon + boiled chicken fillet + low-fat cheese, season with olive oil, add pumpkin seeds if necessary.
- Breakfast:buckwheat porridge with prunes and unsweetened tea.
- Lunch:salad - watermelon + tomato + cucumber + greens. Season with lemon juice and olive oil.
- Breakfast:brown rice with boiled beef, a glass of juice.
- Lunch:boiled beef and berry cocktail.
- Breakfast:muesli on water with a glass of juice.
- Lunch:salad - watermelon + melon + unsweetened grapes + plums + walnuts. Season with lemon juice.
- Breakfast:buckwheat with boiled chicken and pomegranate juice.
- Lunch:watermelon and boiled chicken fillet.
- Breakfast:low-fat cottage cheese casserole, unsweetened tea.
- Lunch:salad - watermelon + chicken fillet + prunes + walnuts. Season with vegetable oil.
In addition to the main course, it is recommended to drink low-fat kefir or yoghurt containing bran or flaxseed half an hour before bedtime.
Completing the watermelon diet
Leaving the watermelon diet should not be sudden.
The statutes are for everyone:
- do not burden the digestive system with fatty and fried foods for at least the first 3-5 days;
- Divide the daily dose into 5-6 meals and small portions;
- we add other foods according to the principle: from simple to complex.
After dieting, it is advisable to reorganize the proper diet, then the result achieved in a week will not only be fixed, but will last a long time.
Watermelon Diet: Nutrition Reviews
Let’s take a closer look at the opinions of nutritionists on the effectiveness of the watermelon diet.
"I do not advise you to" prescribe "not only watermelon but also other diets. Each body has unique properties. And what has helped one person can seriously harm another. Therefore, it cannot be without consultation. in fact, modern studies have shown that a starvation diet does not achieve the desired effect at all, and a well-designed diet is much more beneficial. "
“I can’t say anything good about a watermelon-based diet alone: despite the benefits of vitamins, the amount of watermelon consumed, or rather the sugars in it, will have a negative effect on health. Firstly, kilograms of this amount of light carbohydrate will not be lost, and secondly, due to its high glycemic index, it can trigger an increase in blood sugar levels. "