The diet of pancreatic disease in women and men requires selectivity and approach. Pathologies of the digestive system, namely diseases of the pancreas and liver, require a gentle diet. The fifth table is an ideal method to treat and restore lost organ function. Modern medicine represents a complex of therapeutic, diagnostic, preventive and other fields, knowledge and theory, the main purpose of which is not only therapy but also the prevention of many diseases known to mankind.
Diet of the pancreas and stomach: characteristics
Those who have ever encountered complex treatment of inflammation in the acute and / or chronic stages know that their doctor prescribes a specific diet. Particularly commonly used is the pancreatic diet No. 5, which is the most gentle and acceptable for gastrointestinal pathologies. The main task of the diet is to spare the liver as much as possible, with a completely healthy diet and by normalizing the bile outflow system. Medicine considers the fifth table to be the most chemically loyal nutritious food.
The fifth pancreatic diet not only provides a set of acceptable foods, but also offers cooking methods that are best for people with the following conditions:
- Inflammatory processes in the liver parenchyma and liver ducts.
- Developed liver cirrhosis in the absence of acute disruption of physiological processes.
- Biliary dysfunctions and various pathologies of the gallbladder.
- Acute, chronic cholecystitis during therapy and rehabilitation.
- Intestinal obstruction that underlies the above pathologies.
It is very important to know what you can eat or not, how to cook so that the food is not only healthy but also tasty, aesthetic and appetizing.
The pancreas diet: what can you eat?
First, you need to clearly define the set of products that will fill your diet basket. It is important to carefully put together a weekly menu, taking into account all factors and considering variety.
The general characteristics of the diet are:
- The balance of protein and carbohydrate is within normal limits. Reduce the fat content of the menu.
- Heat treatment involves cooking and baking, sometimes steaming is allowed. Vegetables are rubbed and the meat is crushed.
- The fifth diet table is characterized by temperature norms, hot and cold dishes are not recommended.
- Products containing purines and oxalic acid should be avoided.
The diet doctor removes from the menu the category of puffy foods that contain coarse fiber elements and are rich in extracts that stimulate secretory functions. The recipes allow you to diversify your table with one condition - it is imperative to reduce the salt content and not use hot and spicy condiments at all.
What to eat for pancreatic disease: rules
All rules must be strictly followed and your food will be healthy and tasty:
- Light vegetable soups, low-fat meats and poultry, lightly dried rye bread, dairy products and vegetables-baked omelettes, salads, cereals and fruit desserts made according to technology offer a huge opportunity to create a varied menu.
- It is especially important to follow the rules of patients diagnosed with inflammation of the pancreas and other comorbidities of the gastrointestinal tract.
- In addition to the specifics of the preparation and the necessary set of food, it is very important to follow a faithful lifestyle.
- There is a need to distribute meals six times a day and offer calmer games and activities to minimize physical activity for adults and children.
- Adults and children should be kept rested after meals, and afternoon sleep is recommended to improve digestion.
Pancreatic diet: menu of the week
Despite the rather severe limitations, the fifth type of diet food has a healthy, effective and natural taste. For beginners, several standard daily menus can be offered. The patient’s pancreatic diet requires exceptional discipline and adherence to a temporary diet, there is breakfast, lunch, lunch, afternoon tea, dinner.
Diet for Pancreatic Diseases:
- Steamed meatballs, semolina and tea.
- An apple and a handful of dried fruit.
- Light vegetable soup, lean meat roll, drink or compote.
- Rosehip drink with homemade bread crumbs.
- Beet slices and tea with cookies.
Second menu, fifth diet for pancreatic diseases:
- Low-fat cottage cheese, sour cream, a little honey, water-cooked oatmeal and tea.
- Baked apples with honey.
- Mixed vegetable soup with vegetable oil, boiled chicken rice and milk sauce. Compote.
- A glass of rosehip decoction.
- A piece of cooked fish in a white sauce with vegetables. Garnish - mashed potatoes, herbal tea with cottage cheese cakes.
- A glass of low-fat fermented dairy overnight.
The second option is particularly acceptable if an acute cholecystitis is diagnosed, requiring a principled attitude, discipline, and responsible adherence to all recommendations. The diet table is an integral part of therapy during the period of rehabilitation and healing following gallbladder removal. If followed exactly, complete recovery will be rapid, with good overall condition determined by the treating physician and the patient himself.
Pancreas: diet, recipes
The diet table is distinguished by various techniques, and with a little imagination, the patient can quickly evaluate the pleasures of the menu. Not only the list of foods, but the use and combination of processing techniques makes this diet widely popular for a wide variety of purposes. Initially, the complex developed by the doctor was considered to be a purely therapeutic diet. Today it is a wonderful tool for those who want to fight over extra pounds.
- Vegetable soup is made for 1 liter of vegetable soup with the addition of cereals - rice, buckwheat or oatmeal. The sauce, which contains 1 onion, tomato, 2 carrots, flour, is dried in a dry pan.
- Vegetarian pickles, borsch or light cabbage soup, 1-1. 5 liters of potato soup, cabbage, pan-fried sauce, chopped small onions, 2-3 tomatoes, 1 carrot and flour, adds a significant variety of approx. menu.
- 0, 5 - 0, 8 kg of lean chicken or turkey, beef, young lean lamb, rabbit, chopped or whole pieces, boiled in 1. 5 liters of water, lightly salted and then fried for 25-30 minutes.
- 0. 5 kg of low-fat marine fish, ground or carcassed, lightly salted and cooked for 20 minutes. or bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
Patients diagnosed with gastroduodenitis - inflammation of the mucous membranes of the stomach and duodenum should eat only dried rye bread, biscuits and dry biscuits.
Non-acidic raw, cooked or fried berries and fruits are recommended. The use of dried fruits, apples baked with honey, steamed fruit, jelly, jelly, foam appears, where sugar is partially replaced. Used xylitol or analogue sorbitol.
Diet for the Pancreas: Acute Pancreatitis
Treatment for an acute attack of pancreatitis begins with a two-day life-saving rate. During this period, only lightly concentrated decoctions, lightly brewed teas should be drunk without sugar and water, including mineral water. Food is supplied primarily through drip trays.
After three days from the moment of the attack, the gradual introduction of the products will begin. Foods fortified with carbohydrates are served in liquid form. Do not add salt or spices. Meals are mandatory fragmentary, i. e. 5-7 meals during the day.
The list of drinks expands to fruit drinks, blueberries and cranberries, rosehips and blackcurrant berry decoctions, juices diluted with freshly squeezed water. Drink plenty of fluids, about three gallons a day, except for soups.
From the fifth day onwards, the pancreas's diet becomes higher in calories, approx. 700 calories, of which 15 grams of protein (vegetable and milk), 180 grams of carbohydrates. Fats are absolutely taboo.
A week after the attack, the diet for pancreatic disease rises to 1, 000 calories, with a mandatory norm of 50 grams of protein, 250 grams of carbohydrates and 10 grams of fat.
Pancreatic diet: menu for the day
The approximate menu for daily pancreatitis looks like this:
- The first breakfastcan be porridge made with rice or wheat flour water. Fresh apples, mashed. Tea with little sugar.
- Carrot or mashed potatoes are recommended for lunch. You can add about 50 grams of meat or fish (low-fat varieties). You can then drink a sweetened rosehip decoction. The
- lunchmust contain the so-called vegetarian broth, i. e. on vegetables, without the addition of meat (125 ml). Separately, serve a small mashed potatoes with boiled beef or lean fish. We recommend that you eat mashed apples with this meal.
- For an afternoon snack, nutritionists recommend 55 grams of cottage cheese with a minimum amount of fat and tea.
- For dinnerviscose buckwheat and tea in a maximum of 1 tbsp. l. natural honey.
- Before going to beddrink 1 glass of 250 ml of yogurt.
Two weeks after the attack, increase your protein to 60 grams, your fat to 20 grams, and your carbs to 300 grams. Salt is still forbidden and undesirable. The beneficial consistency of the food is pureed. Doses are small and regular, at about the same intervals.
After twenty days, the proportions of protein, fat and carbohydrate rise again and are now 100, 40 and 450 grams, respectively. The food spares you. Products that irritate the mucous membranes and stimulate the production of gastric juice should not be consumed as this may cause the appearance of bloating.
What to eat if your pancreas hurts: recommended meal
For the sake of clarity, we list the foods that make up the diet of patients with inflamed pancreas. And although at first glance the food seems to be strict, kind and modest, in reality it can be not only tasty but varied.
The first courses can be:
- Soup with rice and mashed vegetables;
- Slimy rice soup;
- Mashed potato soup;
- Purified oat soup;
- Grated rice cereal soup cooked in milk;
- Hercules soup with milk;
- Pearl barley soup.
For the second, recipes like:
- Cooked lean meat like beef stroganoff;
- Beef souffle;
- Meat puree;
- Steamed meatballs;
- Steamed meatballs from lean meats;
- Boiled beef with excellent white sauce;
- Steamed fish soup;
- Steamed fish slices or dumplings;
- Steamed cottage cheese souffle;
- Fresh cottage cheese;
- Steamed protein omelette;
- Zucchini or carrot juice;
- viscous buckwheat porridge;
- Porridge made from oatmeal crushed in milk;
- Veal noodles cooked in milk;
- Oven with casserole and pasta;
- Vermicelli pudding with meat.
Drinks are represented by berries and especially rosehips, jelly, apple mousse, freshly diluted water juice diluted with water, and lightly brewed tea.
Gastroenterologists recommend fermented milk products such as yogurt or low-fat kefir before going to bed, as well as products that have a laxative effect on the digestive system: carrot or pumpkin juice, boiled or fresh prunes, etc.
Buns, fatty and fried foods, smoked meats, meat or fish broths, and marinated products are still prohibited. Those with a high fat content are excluded, including especially cream and sour cream. Radishes, onions, radishes and garlic, which are famous for their pungent aroma and brilliant taste, are undesirable. The main condition is the rejection of alcoholic beverages.
If you follow this diet for six months after suffering from acute inflammation of the pancreas, a significant recovery of organ function can be expected. Willpower and discipline directly affect the success of healing. Any deviation from your doctor’s prescriptions can result in new seizures and a sharp deterioration in your health. It’s worth using a bit of what’s forbidden, and all previous efforts will be fruitless.
5. Pancreatic Diet: Chronic Pancreatitis
In older women, the question often arises as to whether hormonal medications can be taken and whether they are compatible with the pancreas. Doctors say the contraindications do not include gastrointestinal disorders, which means that the drug will not have an irritating effect on the gastrointestinal tract.
The general principles of a diet for chronic pancreatitis are to increase the amount of protein consumed in foods while reducing the amount of fats, sugars, and carbohydrates. Fatty and fried foods, foods fortified with coarse fiber and essential oils are still banned. It is recommended to eat foods rich in vitamins.
The diet is still fragmented, with five to six meals a day, with small portions.
Diet for Pancreatic Pain: Menu for the Day
- For the first breakfast, eat a little cooked low-fat meat, milk porridge and lightly brewed tea, preferably without sugar.
- The second breakfast can be a steamed egg white omelette and rosehip decoction. It is allowed to sweeten it a bit with honey or sugar, but do not stick with it.
- For lunch, it is advisable to consume soup cooked in vegetable soup, adding chopped vegetables (carrots, potatoes, zucchini, etc. ). For example, beef stroganoff can be made from cooked meat and is served with a little mashed potatoes. Homemade compote from chopped dried fruits to prepare food.
- Milk tea and calcium-fortified cottage cheese are excellent snacks for those with chronic pancreatitis.
- For dinner, nutritionists recommend carrot puree with low-fat fish and milk tea.
- A glass of fermented milk product such as kefir is essential before going to bed.
Diet for Pancreatic Disease: Recommendations and Products
Soups allowed for chronic pancreatitis include so-called vegetarian, that is, meat or fish cooked without participation, exclusively on vegetables such as pumpkin, zucchini, potatoes, carrots. Addition of cereals (oatmeal, buckwheat or semolina) and pasta is permitted.
Lean poultry and meats include rabbit, turkey, veal and beef. It is essential to peel the game off the skin and the meat from the fat and tendons that make the meat greasy. Cooking or steaming meat is allowed. Chop and rub into pieces to make souffle, mashed potatoes, slices or dumplings. The lean fish can be cooked into pieces.
Fermented dairy products are selected on the basis of the low fat content criterion. Non-acidic fresh cottage cheese, custard or slow-cooked pudding, sour milk products such as yogurt or kefir are allowed. But sour cream and sour cream are quite fatty, so it can only be added to food, but not ready to eat. If your doctor approves of the presence of cheese in your diet, choose less without fat and spices.
For eggs, the yolk remains cautious. Their daily dose does not exceed half of the cooked yolk and then only as an ingredient in any food. But some of the egg whites will be an excellent omelette that can be helpful for an inflamed pancreas.
Among cereals, semi-viscous chopped porridge is preferred: buckwheat, semolina, oatmeal and rice, which are poured in a 1: 1 ratio with milk and water during cooking. You can also make delicious puddings or casseroles from cereals. Vermicelli and pasta can be added.
Drinks for sustained remission include lightly brewed tea with a slice of lemon and a little sugar. If desired, a little milk can be added. The juice is only allowed at home as it will be free of the preservatives, flavors and additives inherent in storage. To reduce acidity, freshly squeezed juices are diluted with water. Adding sugar is not recommended. When cooking compotes, berries, fruits and dried fruits are rubbed.
Baked apples are the healthiest fresh fruit. The fruits and berries must be ripe and soft, and their taste must not be sour.
Although chronic inflammation is known for a wide range of acceptable foods compared to the diet for acute pancreatitis, rich meat and fish soups are still banned. Mushrooms, spicy and smoked foods, pickles, pickles, fatty and fried snacks should not be included in the diet. Sausages, sausages, legumes, canned food - all this is also taboo. Vegetables such as garlic, cabbage, radishes, turnips, cucumbers and bagels remain on the sidelines despite the remission that has developed. Soda, buns, hard cheeses, whole fruits and vegetables, chocolate, alcohol, coffee, ice cream, cocoa, peppers and mustard are added to the banned list.
Generally, the fifth diet table is considered the most gentle for patients with gastrointestinal pathology. The simplicity of cooking and the range of products allowed make the diet extremely popular not only for gastroenterologists but for anyone who wants to lose weight.